Friday, May 1, 2009

Howling Success!


I'm stunned.


This week I sent out an email to supporters of the Lost Dog and Cat Rescue Foundation asking for help. I told the story of the six hounds we took on after they were injured in a fire and asked people to consider donating to help us defray the costs. I hoped it would net us a couple of thousand dollars, maybe a little more.


We started out that day with a little over $3,000. By the end of the day, we had met and surpassed our goal of $10,000. I couldn't believe it. I cried more than once when I got the phone calls giving me the updated numbers. I was in the car all day that day delivering puppies to the vet for spay /neuter and then driving to Clarke County to pick up some gorgeous puppies and drive them all the way back to the Woofs! daycare/boarding facility to be fostered. It wasn't until later that evening that I got to see for myself that the red line had crept to the top of the meter indicating that we had met our goal.


The funds are hugely important to us and we are so grateful to all who have donated and thus enabled us to continue saving animals. Almost more satisfying, however, were there positive comments people shared and the way in which people were touched by this story. It is good to be reminded sometimes of the largeness of the human heart.

No comments: